A Multi-Discipline Collaboration in Co-operative Education Course Development
This is a webinar!
This presentation will showcase a multidisciplinary collaboration within post secondary education to design curricula and pedagogy that will integrate Experiential Learning philosophies into Co-op Work Term courses for academic credit.
The research was inspired by recent research and work Unlocking the Career Development Value Within Experiential Learning, by One LifeWorks and CERIC (2021). Building on this work and others, this faculty led research team of Experiential Learning Educators was awarded a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) grant from Thompson Rivers University to explore the following:
- Identify best practices in EL course development
- Develop new reflective pedagogy for co-op courses
- Design new curricula and pedagogy that aligns with course outcomes
- Design an efficient, accessible delivery platform for work term course
- To assess Co-op Work Term courses, specifically how reflective practices and career development are integrated
- To evaluate the value of reflective practice in the Co-op Work term course
The presentation will highlight the collaboration across academic program areas and between faculty and students. Specifically, how students were engaged in the research and leadership of this project to ensure a student voice and lens was embedded into the research design.
Date: November 14th, 2023
Time: 12:00 pm- 1:00 pm (CST)
Cost: Free to members, $10.00 for non-members
Use this link to learn more or register for this webinar: https://cewilcanada.ca/iCore/Events/Event_display.aspx?EventKey=090920239&WebsiteKey=70188082-f13b-461c-8c8d-74e0e6c01c18
- Language: English