E-Essential Skills Series
This is an online course!
The Canadian Evaluation Society’s on-line ten-week course offers participants with a basic understanding of the main models and practices of evaluation. No prior knowledge of evaluation or social science research methods is required to participate. Participants will gain:
- Basic knowledge and skills,
- Appreciation for essential elements of evaluation,
- Capacity to apply acquired knowledge and skills, and
- Development as an evaluation professional.
The Essential Skills Series is ten self-paced learning modules that cover everything from basics like the objectives of evaluations, all the way through to practical skills such as budgeting and workplan development. The discussion forum encourages knowledge transfer/sharing among participants and instructor, instructor reviewed assignments to guide learners and real-time Zoom learning at the start and conclusion of the course.
- Describe the role of evaluation in the program lifecycle;
- Explain common evaluation terms, functions, and approaches;
- List the steps in planning and conducting an evaluation;
- Describe how common social science data collection methods are used in evaluations;
- Describe the value and use of project management concepts in evaluations;
- Outline ways to support the use of evaluation findings and produce actionable evaluation reports; and
- Recognize evaluation standards and ethical principles and identify their role in the professionalization of evaluation in Canada.
This is a 10-week online course. Below is the structure of the course:
Learners will be expected to:
- Complete one module per week independent of the facilitator;
- Participate regularly in discussion forums with participants and the instructor;
- Complete seven assignments to submit to facilitator for review/feedback
Dates: Friday, September 1st-Friday, November 10th
Use this link to learn about or register for this course:https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/september-2023-e-essential-skills-series-tickets-654221643547
- Language: English