RETAIN TALENT AND INCREASE INTERNAL MOBILITY THROUGH EMPLOYEE CAREER DEVELOMENT
The presenters in this session will summarize how the idea for the center started and how buy-in was obtained from key members of leadership using existing research and GHS employee satisfaction surveys indicating a desire for internal growth and development opportunities. The session will be led by two of the three team members tasked with developing the center.
Possessing a combined 40+ years in career and program development, the Career Development Center team was well-prepared for this initiative. With a guiding vision centered around strengthening talent pipelines and developing current employees, the center promised a positive impact on recruitment and retention through the following goals:
- Proactively identify workforce needs to develop steady pipelines to fill our current and future opportunities.
- Invest in the career growth and development of our staff to enhance employee engagement and help us retain intrinsically motivated talent.
- Develop strategies and pipelines for top 5 critical-need positions in GHS.
Lastly, the presenters will detail how this initiative was assessed and the final year one outcomes, providing statistics and data to demonstrate the ROI of the center to GHS to date.
Following this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the impact an internal career development program can have on talent recruitment and retention;
- Articulate the value of internal career development and mobility to key stakeholders to obtain buy-in and investment in their own internal career development initiatives; and
- Develop career development tools, resources, and employer branding related to employee engagement and talent acquisition.
- Language: English