Webinar: Adovacy in career guidance and counselling
This is a webinar!
The European Society for Vocational Designing and Career Counselling (ESVDC) are organising a webinar that might be of interest to readers of this blog. In this post they explain what it is going to cover and how to register to attend.
On October 19th 2023, the ESVDC is organising a webinar to explore advocacy in career guidance and counselling from a range of international perspectives. The webinar aims to further pursue the critical, transnational, and comparative perspectives that have characterised the ESVDC’s other recent webinars.
Vocational psychologists and career counsellors are increasingly considered key players in promoting social inclusion, with advocacy counselling emerging as an appropriate intervention
approach to support clients struggling with systemic barriers. However, both research
findings and the experiences of advocacy-oriented career guidance and counseling
(CGC) remain rather fragmented.
The 2023 ESVDC webinar will seek to broaden the understanding of what career guidance and counselling research states about advocacy counselling, as well as to pave the way for operational and effective advocacy interventions in the career field.
- International scholars will address the following questions:
- Why should CGC advocate for social inclusion?
- Under which conditions is the application of advocacy counseling in CGC relevant
- What evidence supports the validity of advocacy counselling and its application in
the career field?
- What are examples of best practices of advocacy counseling in the career field?
- What guidelines and standards for effective advocacy CGC could be formulated?
Date: October 19th, 2023
Time: 3:15 pm- 5:50 pm (CEST)
Use this link to learn more about or register for the webinar: https://careerguidancesocialjustice.wordpress.com/2023/09/07/webinar-advocacy-in-career-guidance-and-counselling/
- Language: English