WIL Practitioner training Module #1: Foundations of Work-Integrated Learning
This is an online course!
The process to become a CEWIL certified WIL Practitioner requires completion of the CEWIL WIL Practitioner training modules, and an application to be a CEWIL certified WIL practitioner.
Step 1: Completion of CEWIL Canada’s WIL Practitioner Training modules.
This asynchronous training program is a foundational program for Canadian WIL practitioners working at post-secondary institutions. If you are a staff or faculty member who supports students’ work-integrated learning, this training will support you to:
- Think through how research literature and evidence-based wise practices can inform your daily work;
- Reflect on your current process for assessing student learning, supporting meaning reflection, and engaging with employers and host organizations; and
- Implement strategies to ensure your WIL programming is high-quality, ethical, inclusive, and accessible.
By the end of the three modules, you’ll know how to improve your practice and deliver quality WIL to your students. Throughout the training, you’ll encounter:
- Written content and videos;
- The voices and perspectives of students and recent grads who have participated in WIL;
- Case studies from WIL practitioners in a range of types of WIL, academic disciplines, and institutional and regional contexts;
- Research excerpts from peer-reviewed journal articles, books, and reports;
- Resource spotlights, featuring templates, worksheets, and toolkits; and,
- Annotated bibliographies, highlighting additional reading you may choose to seek out. -Learners receive a certificate of completion as they successfully complete each module. Upon completion of all three modules, learners will earn a certificate of completion in CEWIL’s WIL training modules and are eligible to apply for CEWIL Canada certified WIL Practitioner designation.
Dates: September 26th, 2023-January 26, 2024
Cost: Member price: $400 per module
Non-member price: $550 per module
Use this link to learn more or register for this webinar: https://cewilcanada.ca/CEWIL/CEWIL/Resources/Educators/WIL-Practitioner-Certification-Program.aspx
- Language: English